HIST481A6- History of Outdoor Recreation
In this course, I explored the importance of outdoor recreation in the United States and how the idea of wilderness has been portrayed throughout history. I analyzed Winter Park in the Sense of Paper Place to take a look at the history of a place that has deep meaning to me. In the User Conflict Paper, I took the stance of an environmentalist fighting for mountain bikes to be banned for wilderness areas. In the Material Culture paper, I researched a piece of outdoor recreation gear that tells the story of my family.
– Sense of Place Paper http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST481A-History-of-Outdoor-Recreation-Sense-of-Place-copy.doc
– User Conflict Paper http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST481A-History-of-Outdoor-Recreation-User-Conflict-Paper-copy.docx
– Material Culture Paper http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST481A-History-of-Outdoor-Recreation-Material-Culture-Paper-copy.docx
HIST479- Practice of Public History
In this course, I spent the semester studying the 1997 Spring Creek Flood. The goal was to produce an In-Stall Panel, a poster that was placed in a public restroom, and a podcast, telling the story of what happened on the night of the flood. Both products were aimed to draw the attention of a broad audience and inform them in an interesting manner the history of the 1997 Spring Creek Flood.
– Podcast (Published on KCSU Radio Website) http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Spring-Creek-Flood-Podcast-copy.mp3
– Poster on the 1997 Spring Creek Flood posted in the Snack Attack bathroom http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST479-Practice-of-Public-History-CSU-Under-Water-Poster-Final-Copy.pptx http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/IMG_0288-scaled.jpg
HIST478- Heritage Resource Management
In this course, I along with my classmates worked throughout the semester to create a report on the Clark Building. The Clark Building is home to CSU’s history department and our goal was to tell the story of the building using archival research, historical documentation and physical description, an interpretation plan, an analysis of risk management for Clark. These aspects culminated in the Final Report. I also did in the News Report on Jumbo Glacier Resort, which was in the News from the 1990s-2020. Jumbo Glacier Resort was set to become the largest ski resort in North America, but the proposed land was a place of deep cultural meaning to the Ktunaxa tribe.
– Clark Building Final Report http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST-478-Heritage-Resource-Management-Final-Project-Group.docx
– In the News http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST-478-Heritage-Resource-Management-In-the-News-Jumbo-Glacier-Resort.docx
HIST475- History in the Digital Age
In this course I studied the presidency of Richard Nixon by examining his first presidential news conference each year he served as president and both of his inaugural addresses to understand what events where most significant to his administration and US citizens. I used network and spatial analysis to look at what questions reporters asked Nixon in his presidential news conferences, and textual analysis to understand what he and his administration chose to address. This analysis provides a more specific visualization of how focused Nixon and his administration became on the Vietnam War and the Watergate Scandal during his presidency
– Final Project http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Hist-475-Digital-History-Final-Project.docx
HIST304- Women in Ancient Rome and Greece
In this course, I read and analyzed three different texts written by Euripedes concerning women’s role in society.
– Trojan Women Text Analysis http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST-304-Women-in-Ancient-Rome-and-Greece-Text-Analysis-Trojan-Women.docx
– Iphigenia at Aulis Text Anaylsis http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Hist-304-Women-in-Ancient-Rome-and-Greece-Text-Analysis-Iphigenia-at-Aulis.docx
– Medea Text Analysis http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST-304-Women-in-Ancient-Rome-and-Greece-Text-Analysis-Medea.docx
HIST100- Western Civilization I
In this course, I read and analyzed Iliad by Homer.
– Iliad Text Analysis http://haileydoucette.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/HIST100-Iliad-Text-Analysis.docx